Jobs – Investment Analyst
Investment Analyst (intern position)
LUMO Labs – High Tech Campus Eindhoven
High Tech Campus Eindhoven
Are you the curious and ambitious person who joins our LUMO Fund II investment team? Do you want to contribute to creating societal impact, yet see the necessity of sustainable financial returns? Always wanted to be active in a dynamic startup environment? Then continue reading, as we might have a great learning opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Investment Analyst to support the LUMO Fund II investment team.
LUMO Labs is an impact-driven multi-stage (pre-seed through series A) capital fund with a two-year venture builder program for founding teams of ventures focused on AI/Data, Blockchain, Robotics/Drones, IoT, and/or VR/AR. We believe these emerging technologies hold the key to solving the social challenges people face today. At LUMO Labs, we focus on the SDGs sustainable cities and communities, health & well-being and quality education.
The Investment Analyst works closely with other analysts, the investment manager and the fund managers. The objective is to keep track of market developments related to the three SDGs within the investment focus of LUMO Fund II. Furthermore, the analysts will scout the market for potential portfolio companies and support the fund managers in the investment process by e.g. screening and writing investment proposals.
It is a great learning opportunity where you have a lot freedom to develop yourself in a pragmatic hands-on way. There is the possibility to grow within the organization.
To succeed in this role, you should be inquisitive, tech-savvy, accurate and have excellent communication skills (writing and presenting).
- Keep track of market developments, conduct market analyses and report them to the team and management
- Scout the market and identify potential portfolio companies
- Screen pitch decks and financial models, analyze the competitive environment of the companies and challenge the founders of the teams
- Support in due diligence process
- Write investment proposals
- Support in preparation of legal documents
- Support Fund Managers when asked and when possible
- Master’s degree (or in last year of studies) in Business Administration, Economics, Econometrics, International Management, Data Science or similar with strong credentials
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management
- Strong analytical, communicative and teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of desk research and interview styles
- Willingness to learn, pro-active and can-do mentality
- Fluent in English and Dutch is a plus
- Good sense of humor
- Previous internship/work experience in startup or venture capital is a plus
- Clear affinity with social impact, technology and entrepreneurship
We are open for internships that exceed six months as well as for working students.
The position is preferably full-time; part-time might be a possibility depending on the right candidate. 26 holidays based on a full-time position. Remuneration: TBD
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org